Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sweet Treats: Apple Blackberry Blueberry Pie



The summer sun brings summer berries. And with that comes summer treats. So when I had a fridge full of berries, I knew just what to do with them. There was a small disagreement about a making pie vs. a cobbler/crisp... but the pie won, largely b/c I had already thawed my pie crusts. It was going to just be apple, but we didn't have enough, so I added blackberries and blueberries to the mix. I used this recipe, but I also added some cinnamon and all we could think was it had a potpourri type flavor and fragrance to it. David folded the pie crust edges, he did much better than I do! The fruity sauce color was so pretty.


 Hubster thought the pie looked okay in the pics, but he suggested adding Elisabeth to make it much sweeter.

 The boys enjoy pretty much any kind of sweet we put in front of them. Naturally.

 Being adorable is such an easy job for her.

He also realized Miss E is about the same size as she was in my belly, and he wanted to experience that for himself.  She was not too impressed.

Pin It
signature lisa 180x80 180ppi

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails