Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sweet Treats: Chocolate Chip Strawberry Walnut Banana Bread Recipe


I bought two  bunches of bananas last night, still a little green. But that doesn't stop the boys from cutting into every single one looking for a ripe fruit. Now, I could have trashed them, but decided to turn an aggrivating situation into a mouth watering one.

Chocolate Chip Strawberry Walnut Banana Bread Recipe
1 c sugar
1/2 c vegetable oil
2 large eggs
4 bananas
1 tsp vanilla
2 c flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda (oops, I used baking powder and it was fine)
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 long squirt lemon juice
1 c walnuts
1 c chopped strawberries
1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips

Mix sugar, oil, eggs, bananas, lemon juice and vanilla together in one bowl. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix them together. Stir in walnuts, strawberries and chocolate chips.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes in a greased bread pan (or muffin pan, just lower the time).
 I don't like to smother on butter, I like just a small little hint on a thick, warm slice of bread.

My little guy couldn't shove it down his throat fast enough before begging for another piece.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

What a great idea... Don't know if I would dare right now - somehow it's too hot here for cake and we're more for sundaes, icecreams... - but as soon as it chills out a bit I'm giving this a try.

Really it looks yummy. As much as the super cute - ok, it's a boy and boys aren't cute - read handsome guy.

I love bananas but besides a cake I do with caramel I never tried for Banana Bread... no one else likes banana that much around the house but they won't resist the chocolate chip part; they will have to have the "taste funny" part LOL.

Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

looks delicious
I'll definitely gonna give it a try :)

http://girlynote.blogspot.com/

✿ Belle ✿ said...

ummmmm my god! looks so delicious!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails