Monday, May 16, 2011

Personal Style: Baggy White Shirt, three ways


I found this old baggy white shirt from forever ago. Totally baggy, squared fit, late 90's... I think it was my sister's? Anyways, I tried three different looks with it to see if it could be salvaged or modernized at all. For my hair, I pretty much just teased the crap out of it and let it do it's thing since it is such a windy day. Fetching, I know.

 
The first is this Peter Pan/Maid Marion, forest green, lace up corset ribbed tank thing. I rolled the sleeves once for a bit of help. Kind of cute, but the shirt just bunches up all weird under the tank. Off it goes...

*totally weird action shot*


 Next, I just went with a partial tuck and the semi rolled sleeve.........

Then I added a gray scarf for a hint of class and low belted the top. I think this is probably the most modern version of all, but still not quiet feeling it. Maybe it's the baggy, holey jeans pairing that feels off. Probably for me, it will be going in the donated clothing pile, along with the green tank.

 
 jeans: amethyst/ belt: vintage/ shoes: oxfords/ scarf: forever 21/ watch: fossil/ earrings: jeweled ambrosia

Which version looks best here? Have to tried to salvage something and it turn out.. or not?

6 comments:

Linda B said...

I like the shirt by itself or with the scrarf. My suggestion is to put it in the garage for 6 mos. If you don't wear it, then to charity it goes.

Kileen said...

i love the first look you created with the baggy shirt. and good for you for creating so many outfits out of something old. you did a great job!

cute & little

Sarah said...

you rocked all of them!

Kristina P. said...

I like the vest, but I like the second look. It's casual yet pulled together!

reynz said...

We really like the vest and all of the looks you have created with these lovely pieces!

Reyna
http://www.ArcadianHomeDecor.com

Anonymous said...

A crisp white shirt and jeans will always look chic, it looks especially great on you though. Love the remix! Hannah xo
thoughtandmusing.wordpress.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails