Monday, August 16, 2010

Vibrant Gardens: Real and Pretend

 flowers by jessica jane

I have been in the yard, trying to salvage the lawn that was left unwatered for who knows how long. We have but a small pair of pruning shears and lots of hedges to trim.... I was left with a very sore hand!

But, we will see, on our very tight budget, what we can do to make this little lawn of ours pretty. Naturally, I tend to overthink and become obsessive, wanting to do everything at once, a compost pile,
a vegetable and herb garden, more flowers! But, only time and patience will tell if our 5 rose bushes will come to life again and how the bare patches of removed dead plants will be filled in.

If you are not a green thumb, but enjoy the vibrant colors of nature, I am sure you will
love these gorgeous garden projects!


This silk ribbon flower garden embroidery reminds me of my grandmother's shower curtain. 
Handmade and available for purchase by Fairstore.


So beautiful, each stitch and square was so lovingly executed. I love how cheerful it all is, I'm sure it is like a little visual journal as well. The 39 squares project by Amy of inspire co. had many different people participating and can be viewed here.


*This post is dedicated to Urangoo. I blogged about her last year as she was fundraising for treatment for Leukemia, the same disease that took my father from me. She passed away today after her Chemotherapy treatment in India had failed. She was a student at Utah University from Mongolia and traveled the world to find healthcare. I pray her spirit and those of her friends and family will have peace.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

No green thumb, but those ideas are great!

P.S. My coworker loves her ring!

Screwed Up Texan said...

These are beautiful...so sorry to hear about your friend. Life is so short.

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Such beautiful photos! Sorry about your friend! Praying for you and her family.

Tess said...

Beautiful flowers! I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's passing

Uzuitengen said...

ISC888 ให้บริกาาร พนันบอลออนไลน์ หลายๆคนคงเคยได้ยินเกี่ยวกับการเดิมพันฟุตบอล ที่ทำให้เกิดกำไรเป็นอย่างมาก เพราะไม่มีงานไหน หรือ กิจการ ใดให้ผลตอบแทนรวดเร็วและสูงเท่า พนันออนไลน์ แต่อย่างไรก็ตามการแทงบอลออนไลน์

Related Posts with Thumbnails