Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Homefront: Vintage Linens in a Playful Boys Bedroom


One thing I love about vintage linens, is that they are fun to mix and match, for a warm and eclectic feeling. Many, many I have found have stains... and a lot of little cigarrette burn holes. Different time, I guess.

But, kids vintage linens are my favorite. I even found an old care Bears pillow case the other day. Now send me a My Little Pony one and I will be in sugar heaven.


When decorating for my boy's room, it is all about what I can find at a garage sale. I had it all red and blue, but tired of the boxed in feeling of two colors that called for themes such as cars or cowboys.

The great thing about boys, is they don't care what matches... they just like colors and fun. My oldest wanted to have his wooden cargo bed painted yellow, and his comfortor painted green. (I must have been doing a lot of painting around the time I asked him what colors he liked.)


Well, with some addition of vintage Sonic, Scooby Doo, Superman and Battlestar Gallactica linens, the boys pretty much love their furniture free (aka safe) bedroom.

 
And that's coming a lot from a kid whose nickname is "Sonic Boy", thinks all athletic shoes are called "Sonic Shoes" and dressed as Sonic(and Knuckles) for Halloween.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

they are adorable! and love the vintage kids sheets mixed together, I actually found a whole set of scooby doo sheets once in a thrift store (wish I knew what I did with them)

Kristina P. said...

Such cute costumes!

lesley said...

cute! the battlestar galactica pillowcase is awesome.

xoxo,
lesley

LiPeony said...

awwww adorable costumes... seeing those linen patterns brings me back.. loved sonic the hedgehog and scooby doooo

Liz Harrell said...

Yeah.. that Scooby Doo fabric? My sisters had a blanket made out of that. 20 years ago. Sheeze, now I'm feeling super old. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails