Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Homefront: The Vignette Staging Area


This dresser is always in a state of disarray. It is where objects go that are being switched out from mantels and such. A staging area, the green room, if you will. A lot of projects end up here. The green candelabra I painted here. The damask lampshade I slipcovered here. The cream dresser painted and newly knobbed here.


I love how my little nest can be stored in the Cinderella carriage I painted. I love pulling it out and filling it with vintage wooden spools, jewels, buttons and such. It's so fun to play with. Shutters are the perfect accessory. they can be found at antique malls for cheap and can be randomly placed anywhere for depth, color and height. Wouldn't an entire shutter wall be pure genius? Ooooh, snap diggity, I feel a project coming on.


The vignettes are ever changing. Not in love with this, but it doesn't matter. A lot of things go missing due to my boys curious hands. They especially love my vintage brass owl family that is usually here.


Our boys dresser has to be in here, since we can't have furniture in their bedroom. Otherwise it would surely be tipped and clothes strewn about every day. Our youngest is fond of climbing in the drawers. Breakage would ensue.


"I Love to see the Temple" print by have joy. I know I need to frame it, just haven't found the right frame yet. This is the Salt lake Temple, but you can custom request almost any one. What is a temple you ask? What is it's purpose? This short lovely video explains what we believe them to be, and why we believe they are so important.

Antiqued Salt Lake Temple portraits found at a flea market. I would love to have one.

5 comments:

Jules AF said...

Can I come live in your house?

Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

I love the green candelabra and the Cinderella carriage. So sweet! My little guy isn't at the climbing dressers and bookcases stage yet, but I know he will be soon! Oh little boys!

Kristina P. said...

I love the Cinderella coach!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

So pretty!

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

That little student desk is super cute

Related Posts with Thumbnails