Thursday, May 6, 2010

Inspired Room: Fergus and Me

Fergus and Me has an exceptional eye for design. She also has an etsy shop full of wonderful vintage treasures. Her pre-teen girl's room has recently been showcased on Oh Dee Doh here, where you can read about the design inspiration and see more photos of the room.

The vintage quilt and bed posts (Land of Nod) add so  much warmth to the modern decor, like the swinging chair from Terence Conran's Habitat and wallpaper which is Polar bear oilcloth by John Lewis (UK). The creme paint and turquoise walls (Benjamin Moore Jamaican Aqua) work gorgeously with the dark wood floors.
I have to say, the paper cranes may very well be my favorite piece to this room. And they were made by Caroline herself. Such a creative and spirited young lady.

I love this redwork embroidered pillow on the cozy cream couch.


Even though this is an 11 year old's room, it reminds me of Kelly Rae's colorful home and I believe, can be utilized for even us older people!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Wow! I love it. I love the color turquoise for kids rooms. It is so calm and peaceful. Great for boys and girls!!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails