Sunday, April 25, 2010

Camping Theme Party


I am helping do some centerpieces for a camp themed activity this weekend. Materials we will use include anything we can find on a nature walk or already own, with some little handmade paper tents,  (and here) Sticks, moss, river rocks, pine cones, nests, woodland creature figurines, feathers, little compasses, lanterns...
 The boys will have fun going on a nature walk, and I will enjoy preoccupying my mind from other things going on in our lives I would rather not obsess over.

Smores trees how to

I was thinking of taking plain soup/veggie/fruit cans, cleaning them out and filling them with sticks topped with marshmallows, like so smores-y, right? The budget is pretty limited, so we'll see how it turns out, but I think this could be cheap, easy and cute. But for now, some more lovely ideas.



More woodsy theme ideas and menu ideas here.

I'll try and remember to take pics of what we come up with next week! Any other ideas would be helpful.

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

What a fun, fun theme. Who knew camping could be so classy!!

Purely Paige said...

What lovely inspirational pictures! We were actually thinking about having an actual camp out for our wedding. At least the reception part..I don't know how I feel about trying to get prettied up in my wedding dress in a tent! I think I might like this idea better!

boatbaby said...

Lisa, that first collage made me gasp! What a brilliant idea. Z has been telling me he wants a "camping party" and I was at a loss for what to do. Now I am inspired. Thank you!!! How fun that you get to create some centerpieces like that. I hope you find some peace and that things get better :)

Jessica said...

these are really cute ideas!

Lisa said...

Fantastic theme ideas! I might have to do something similar for Araina's birthday coming up in June! Thanks for the inspiration and ideas.

lisa

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Claire Mercado-Obias said...

These photos are gorgeous! I love your ideas! Thanks for stopping by my blog Lisa :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails