Thursday, March 18, 2010

Mantel DIY Headboard



I love old antique firplace mantles, as you can see in my previous post about mantle decorating! As one who frequents antique malls, I run across them regularly. Some are quite inexpensive, others are pretty costly.  Whatever your budget, you can find one that meets your needs. Here are a few examples as well as links to how to's on these projects. Foam, batting, fabric, staple gun or nails, nail studs and paint are a few of the easy supplies needed to make a mantel headboard of your own.












11 comments:

Anne said...

What a great idea! I keep looking for a headboard to go in my little girl's shabby chic room (in progress) and perhaps I should just start looking for an old mantel to refinish!

Little Lovables said...

that would be so cute! just remember, older ones are lead based paint, so you'll have to very carefully strip it down first tehn repaint.

or, they sell new fireplace surrounds ones too you can distress up

Kristina P. said...

Man, my house sucks. I don't have a headboard at all! I would love one, though.

Kim Caro said...

wow very fun therapy

Ange said...

What a beautiful post, so many lovely images to view and ideas to take away, thanks so much.
Angex

Peggy said...

this is a great idea! I built our current headboard to look like a mantle, but it never felt finished. If I added and upholstered section, then maybe my hubby wouldn't resist the padded headboard so much. THANKS!

Jules AF said...

These are beauuuuutiful.

Sylvie said...

What a great post. Thank you for gathering all these wonderful ideas!

aurora said...

These are gorgeous! It almost makes me wish that I didn't already have a headboard!

Gina said...

I would loooooove to do this! My only concern is putting anything on the mantel.... what if it falls on me in the middle of the night!! EEK! But Jeez.... it looks so good!! <3

ShanaEmily said...

Oh my gosh! these are gorgeous...crap...now I need to find me a Mantel! haha Love it! Thanks for inspiring!

Shana
ColorBlind

Related Posts with Thumbnails