Thursday, May 28, 2009

Lamps Need Jewels Too



For Nester's Lampapalooza linky party, I decided to compile my lamp pics and add some new ones. I love chandaliers, but living in an apartment limits that love of mine...

I love dressing up my lamps. They need love and I need to give it, so we make a great team. As my readers may know, I decorate on a sheer whim. So, due to my lack of planning I do not like to do things that cannot be easily undone. So, for my projects, they are just simple little alterations that can be taken down and reused again later.

My fabric covered lampshade (complete with Nester tassel), tutorial HERE:

shabby chic damask cottage black and white fabric covered lamp

Vintage Brooch Spring Shade:

vintage brooch jeweled shabby chic cottage diy lamp shade lampshade

Vintage Beaded Collar and Brooch Shade sitting in a painted drawer:

vintage beaded collar brooch lampshade shabby chic

Hanging Lamp (my newest):

western cowyboy theme boys room star lighting

For this, I used to have an adorable star paper lantern here (shown below), the kind you can buy with the hanging bulb. But over the years, it got destroyed (so sad) and so I had to do a quick redo. I found a Goodwill shade for $2. Cleaned it up, jimmied it to the hanging cord, pinned a red and white polka dotted ribbon around it and added a silver plastic Sherriff's Star. I think my son will love it when he gets home from his playdate with Daddy. (pics of the boys room redo will be coming soon)

Star Paper Lamp (his nursery used to be so cute!)

baby boy nursery blue aqua navy brown boutique star lamp

10 comments:

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I just love your little alterations. Especially the one with the brooches. But I love the fabric lampshade too. Ooh, but then I love the one with the collar. Heck, I just love them all! Thanks for sharing them.

Unknown said...

LOVE the lampshade with the brooches -so clever- thanks for sharing your lovely idea!!

Julie said...

What great ideas. My favorite is the one with the brooches! How adorable....Jullie

Kathi said...

Love the shade with the vintage beaded collar! It is so pretty!
I wonder if I could find one somewhere....

Little Lovables said...

I found that one on ebay... there are a lot on there! It fits me too, so I can borrow it from the lamp if I want!

Liz Harrell said...

Wow! You're the lamp shade queen! And that nursery is just adorable!

Bluebird Crafts and Collectibles said...

I so adore your site the lamp shades are beautiful! I have awarded you an Honest Scrap Award!
check out my latest blog post for more. http://bluebirdcountrycrafts.blogspot.com/2009/05/honest-scrap-award.html

beachvintage.com said...

How talented are you? These are fabulous.

Kellie Collis said...

I adore the fabric lampshade!! Beautiful!

Amanda.Sedeno said...

I gave you an award on my blog.. and from the looks of it, so did other people :D have a great week, love the lamps!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails