Monday, May 11, 2009

I Found It!

craigslist hutch display desk

After about a year of looking for the perfect desk for me, I found it on Craigslist 2 weeks ago! It was a bargain, for it is all real wood, no veneer here. It rained every time we tried to arrange a time to pick it up, and it was an hours drive, but hey, I have it now and am oh so happy!

I love that there is a nice hutch that I can place little treasures and change the theme throughout the year as I am known to do.

Of course, it will need a paint job one day, but that can wait for a while.

ugly desk drawer

Our old desk was so bad, that it literally fell to pieces when we pulled it away from the wall! I took the nasty, ugly drawer, took off the roller caster slide things, sanded it down and painted it red! Now, it serves as a little storage box thing on top of my desk! Like it?

So, for my Craigslist perusing friends, I found excellent tips on Small Notebook that will help you! Are you tired of clicking on post after post only to see that same Aztec print couch and brassy art deco marble top dresser? Well, with Craig's Toolbox function, the photos automatically pop up so you just keep browsing (only if you have Firefox as your browser). Seriously, this shaves hours off of your hunting.



Here is my little Goodwill chalkboard/corkboard shelf I painted and hung. It's my little inspiration board for now.

hudson goods vintage style red cream star stars country pillow

I found The Lettered Cottage blog today and it's great! It is a husband/wife design consulting team and they also make handmade decor as well. Today, they are offering a giveaway of a Hudson Goods pillow. If I were to choose which one I would want, it would be the red stars one. It was a toss up between that and the blue star one though! Which is your favorite pillow?

They have some great items, I esp love the vintage fork and spoon chandelier!

I'm really glad to have found the blog of true designers and Hudson Goods has some interesting "behind the scenes" posts as well on their blog. Go and take a peek.

vintage retro robin egg blue decorating room

And oh, I LOVE this room, found on flickr from Domino mag. Totally my inspiration at the moment!


17 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

ooh, great find!

Cherry Tart Design said...

I've been searching garage sales and Goodwill for a new desk, I know I'll find one eventually. :) Glad you finally found yours, isn't a great to get a deal on something you love so much?

Little Lovables said...

oh yes, I'm just surprised it got passed up. You'll find it cherry tart, don't settle till you get what you want!

JupiterDesigns said...

great find! I also love what you did with the left over drawer! I wish I would have kept a couple off of my old desk, maybe next time.

Julie said...

Love the craigslist find! I have bought several things on craigslist and I was so excited how cheap and in wonderful shape they where. The chalkboard it adorable...Have a great MONDAY...Julie

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

THank you for your nice comments. The room in Domino is great. I love how they mix colors and it works! Great desk.

Christina said...

that room has been my inspiration for some time (good taste:)

Gwen said...

You should paint your chair that same aqua blue color of the frame that's on your hutch. I like it -- and can't believe you moved that thing up 3 flights of stairs!

Anonymous said...

oh wow! It's soo pretty! and what makes it even better is the price!
your creations are soo lovely.
Hope you had a wonderful Mother's day.
Xo
~Christine

vivian said...

great desk lisa! you lucked out. I love craigs list!~

Liz Harrell said...

What a fabulous find!

Aisha said...

What a wonderful desk! And you have such a knack for making things over...genius idea for the old drawer! I think you should become a shabby chic interior designer!

Little Lovables said...

oh Aisha, that is too sweet!

I would LOVE to design, but am too aware of my inadaquacies

Terri Kahrs said...

Super find! You've gotta love Craigs List! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment! Hugs! Terri

Angie said...

Great find! I really like all the compartments on top - I have something for all of them lol

Anonymous said...

I love the corkboard and drawer revamping you have done :)
Thanks so much for the C.list tip!

mIzZ (hONeY) bEe aka Marlene said...

Cool treasure that you found with the desk...great color on your chalkboard..Grace & Peace 2 U Marlene :O)

Related Posts with Thumbnails